Melton South Community Centre Inc

COVID-19 Update

We are taking all possible sanitation and social distancing precautions to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff, trainers and patrons. If you would like a copy of our COVIDsafe Plan, please get in touch via email at  

Emergency food relief, mental health services, housing support, family violence support and support for seniors are all available to the Melton community from a range of organisations. More details are listed below.

Emergency Food Relief

ADRA Community Care Melton/Melton South Community Centre Food Pantry: Held at the Centre operating from 10:30am every Friday, offering fresh produce and other staples to people in need. To access this service, you must be a Melton resident and have a Concession card. A $3 donation is also required in order to cover costs, and it is advised that attendees bring their own shopping bags. For more information, call the centre on 9747 8576.

Enjoy Church: Free essential items are available for those in need at Enjoy Pantry/Enjoy Church, located at 3/2 Glenville Drive, Melton. (Enter through Reserve Road.) The service is available between 1:00pm and 3:00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Melton Combined Churches: Located at 100 Coburns Rd, Combined Churches provides a variety of food to those in need. Hours are Monday to Friday, 10am to 12pm. For more details on their services, call 9747 6811.                                                                                                                                                                

Mental Health Services

Lifeline: for mental health support, call 13 11 14 or go to

Beyond Blue: call 1300 224 636 for mental health support, or visit for additional support options and resources

Self-isolating and vulnerable Victorians can call 1800 675 398 to access food and essential supplies.

eheadspace: Young people aged 12-25 years and their families can access mental health and wellbeing support, information and services by calling 1800 650 890. This service is available between 9am and 1am every day of the week.

Kid's Helpline: Children and young people aged 5-25 years can access 24/7, free, confidential counselling services by calling 1800 551 800.

Housing & Family Violence Support

Victorian Government Housing Advice & Assistance: Current and potential public and social housing tenants can access information by calling 1300 650 172.

Tenants Victoria: Tenants Union Victoria has a range of information, as well as an email support service, available for people looking to know more about their rights and responsibilities when renting privately.

Western Integrated Family Violence Committee: Supports integration of service responses to family violence across the west. Anyone wanting to know more can call 9689 9588 or email

Support for Seniors

Melton Council Access and Support Officer: is able to chat over the phone about aged care services that are available to you in your home and in the community. Services such as help to maintain your home, and support with grocery shopping. Call 9747 7315

Community Visitors Scheme: Seniors feeling isolated during this time can email and access a program that provides phone and virtual friendships.

Older Persons COVID-19 Support Line: Accessible between 8:30am and 6pm Monday to Friday, this service provides information and support to seniors, as well as their families and carers. Call 1800 171 866.

Friend Line Telephone Support Service: Seniors can chat with volunteers between 10am and 8pm every day of the week and feel a little less isolated. Call 1800 424 287.


Stay safe and well.